Scenic Parks Explorer
Tour Type:Escorted Coach Tours USA
Tour Activity:National Parks
Tour Region: Mountain Region, Southwest Region
Tour InformationThe Scenic Parks Explorer tour begins in Las Vegas and ends in Las Vegas.
Explore and experience the amazing scenic parks of America including Zion, Bryce, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Arches, Mesa Verde and Grand Canyon National Parks. Marvel at the dramatic towering cliffs, diverse wildlife, awesome rock formations and plunging canyons that create these truly spectacular natural wonders on this trip.
Please view itinerary description below.
ARRIVE LAS VEGAS
Welcome to Las Vegas! After checking in at the hotel, browse the exclusive shops, hit the slot machines or just lounge a while by the hotel pool. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
LAS VEGAS - ZION & BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARKS
Depart Las Vegas for the graceful slot canyons and towering cliffs of Zion National Park. Then it's onward to Bryce Canyon, home to the world's largest concentration of hoodoos — tall limestone spires that rise majestically from the desert floor.
BRYCE - SALT LAKE CITY
Leave the red rock canyons and travel north to Utah's capital. See the famed Temple Square, headquarters to the Mormon church and home to the renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This evening, perhaps enjoy an optional visit to Brigham Young's former home, followed by dinner at the Lion House, featuring pioneer-style ambiance and cuisine.
SALT LAKE CITY - JACKSON
Get a glimpse of the route of the pioneers as you cross the Oregon Trail and enter Wyoming. Stop in Montpelier at the Oregon Trail Center. Through interactive exhibits, glimpse the thrills and challenges of the Old Trail. Enjoy lunch before departing to scenic Jackson, standing in the shadows of the icy peaks of the Grand Tetons. This evening is free for you to explore.
JACKSON - GRAND TETON & YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARKS
Rise early for an optional guided raft trip to spot wildlife on the Snake River (seasonal). Then traverse Grand Teton National Park on the way to Yellowstone, established in 1872 as the world's first National Park. Join a Local Expert to explore the spouting geysers, bubbling hot springs and mud paint pots (When the south entrance is closed due to weather conditions, the itinerary will travel west from Jackson via Idaho and enter Yellowstone National Park through the west entrance).
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK SIGHTSEEING
Explore the impressive Grand Canyon of Yellowstone with its stunning waterfalls and a chance to see bison and elks. Watch in wonder as Old Faithful's waters arc over 100 feet (30 metres) into the air. This evening, relax under the great basin of stars.
YELLOWSTONE - CODY - BILLINGS
Head north to the town of Cody, named for its most famous native son, Buffalo Bill, and get a glimpse into its lively history at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Then it's on to Big Sky Country for a Be My Guest dinner featuring local cuisine and a host who welcomes you with true Western hospitality.
BILLINGS - LITTLE BIGHORN - RAPID CITY
Today begins with a visit to Little Bighorn, the infamous battlefield where the ill-fated Custer led his men against a battalion of Sioux and Cheyenne warriors. Then, travel east through the Black Hills to Rapid City.
BLACK HILLS EXCURSION
Discover the natural and manmade wonders of the Black Hills with a drive through stunning scenery on your way to visit Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial, a mountain carving of the famed war chief of the Oglala people. Return to Rapid City this afternoon and join your travelling companions for dinner this evening.
RAPID CITY - DENVER
Cross some of the West's most beautiful terrain today as you travel through the expansive grasslands of Wyoming on your way to Denver, the Mile High City. After getting settled at the hotel, enjoy the evening to relax.
DENVER - VAIL - ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - MOAB
Ascend into the Rockies and stretch your legs in Vail before descending to magnificent Arches National Park. Here, the wind and rain have eroded the sandstone into more than 2,000 natural arches. Tonight is on your own—your hotel is in the heart of Moab and close to all kinds of restaurants, whether you're in the mood for family or fine dining tonight. Or if you're in the mood for more excitement, choose an optional jetboat ride along the mighty Colorado with a tasty dinner included.
MOAB - MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK - MONUMENT VALLEY
Between AD 600 and 1300, the Ancestral Puebloan people carved houses and entire communities out of the sandstone of the canyon walls at Mesa Verde National Park, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore some of the cliff-top buildings and look down at the massive Cliff House, the largest cliff dwelling in the world. Head to Monument Valley for the night where you will be treated to a Navajo Highlight Dinner.
MONUMENT VALLEY - GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK
Marvel at Monument Valley's landscape of towering sandstone buttes in special open-air vehicles accompanied by a guide. Visit the land of the Navajo people, stopping at historic Cameron Trading Post. Breathtaking views along scenic Desert View Drive just hint at the most spectacular of all vistas—the vast panorama of the Grand Canyon unfolding before you. Meet with a Local Expert who will enlighten you about the more than two billion years of geology revealed in the canyon. Tonight, toast your grand adventure and your new life-long memories at a Farewell Dinner inside the park.
GRAND CANYON - DEPART LAS VEGAS
If you like, take an optional helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft flightseeing trip to see the canyon from the sky. Hit the road again, stopping in Seligman and Kingman, Route 66 hotspots that have kept the old Mother Road's culture alive. End your journey back in Las Vegas where a complimentary transfer is provided to Las Vegas International Airport or to the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas for guests extending their stay. Please do not schedule any flights before 6:30 p.m.
Prices, Dates and Conditions
|DEPARTURES 2014||PRICE FROM|
|MAY 19, 26, 31||2253|
|JUNE 7, 10, 12, 13, 16||2253|
|JUNE 19, 21, 27, 28||2298|
|JULY 4, 5, 11, 18, 19, 21, 24||2298|
|AUG 1, 9, 11, 15, 16, 21, 22, 29||2298|
|SEP 4, 20, 22, 23, 26||2253|
|OCT 3, 6, 7||2253|
YOUR ESCORTED MOTORCOACH TOUR INCLUDES
- Services of a professional Tour Manager throughout
- Deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach with onboard restroom facilities
- Hotel accommodations as specified or similar
- Sightseeing as specified
- Hotel taxes; service charges; and baggage (one suitcase per person)
- Zion National Park: Discover Zion Canyon's dramatic towering cliffs
- Bryce Canyon National Park: View the colourful and whimsical hoodoos
- Salt Lake City: Enjoy an orientation tour including Temple Square
- Jackson: Overnight in this authentic Old-West town
- Grand Teton National Park: View soaring peaks and abundant wildlife
- Yellowstone National Park: Strollaround the boardwalks to view the geysers, mud pots and bubbling pools in America's first National Park
- Cody: Visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- Little Bighorn Battlefield: See the site of Custer's Last Stand
- Black Hills: View Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial
- Denver: Stay in the heart of America's Mile High City
- Vail: Stretch your legs in this charming alpine village
- Arches National Park: View amazing natural rock formations
- Mesa Verde National Park: Explore ancient Pueblo cliff dwellings
- Monument Valley: Board an open-air vehicle to tour these iconic buttes and mesas
- Grand Canyon National Park: Marvel at the sights from the South Rim
- 13 full breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- Welcome Reception with light appetisers and drinks with your Travel Director in Las Vegas
- 3 three-course dinners
- Be My Guest dinner in Billings
- Navajo Highlight Dinner with wine in Monument Valley
- Farewell Dinner with wine at the Grand Canyon
- Airport transfers are provided on Day 1 and Day 14
- Complimentary keepsake photo and map
- Be My Guest: Enjoy a dinner of local cuisine with a host who welcomes you with true Western hospitality
- Hidden Treasure: Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure experience, unique to your itinerary, courtesy of your expert Travel Director
- Local Expert: Join an interpretive guide for a stroll in Yellowstone National Park
- Local Expert: Enjoy an informative presentation on the Grand Canyon
|1||Las Vegas||Tropicana Las Vegas|
|2||Bryce Canyon||BW Plus Bryce|
|3||Salt Lake City||Hilton Salt Lake City Center|
|4||Jackson||The Lodge at Jackson Hole|
|5-6||Yellowstone||National Park Lodges|
|7||Billings||Crowne Plaza Billings|
|8-9||Rapid City||Adoba Eco Hotel and Suites|
|10||Denver||Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel|
|11||Moab||BW Plus Canyonlands Inn|
|12||Monument Valley||Goulding’s Lodge|
|13||Grand Canyon||National Park Lodges|
PRE & POST HOTELS
PRE: Las Vegas, Tropicana Las Vegas
POST: Las Vegas, Tropicana Las Vegas